Tomorrow, as part of the ‘Arctic Territory of Dialogue‘ Forum in Arkhangelsk the EALLU team will be serving lunch to Dmitry Rogozin (Deputy Prime Minister of Russia. Deputy Head of the Military-Industrial Commission. Special Envoy of the President) and Børge Brende, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Norway, with Brende stopping by the EALLU expo and lavvu at 1130, followed by Rogozin at 13h00. The EALLU team have been prepping traditional foods all day (and into the night) for what promises to be an extremely busy day tomorrow at the Forum. And what a menu!
- Boiled reindeer tongue
- Smoked reindeer heart
- Soup with reindeer filet, potatoes and carrots
- Indigirka salad made with white fish
- “Roastbeef” style reindeer meat
- Reindeer meat in the Taiga style
- Smoked omul
- Prelim, a Chukchi dish made from reindeer meat, bone marrow and fat.
- Blood pancakes with cream and cloudberries
- Sami traditional bread
- Eight different kinds of smoked, dried and salted reindeer meat
- Reindeer chips
This will be an excellent opportunity to showcase the diversity and excellence of Arctic Indigenous Cuisine, as over 1000 participants are expected over the two days.
See our expanding photo gallery of the event here