A lecture by Professor Svein D. Mathiesen,UArctic EALAT Insitute at the International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry, about the Effect of Climate Change on Indigenous Communities in the Arctic for students of the James J. McCarthy Leadership Seminar Series for Future Arctic Indigenous Leaders 2021
Using simulations, case studies, skills-based workshops and Lavvu dialogues, students will build the competence and confidence to step into leadership in their home communities and beyond.
- Building Resilience During Rapid Change
- Indigenous Knowledge and Multiple Ways of Knowing
- Finding Opportunities Through Resilience
- Leading Through Crisis (such as COVID-19)
- Innovating and Leading in a Changing World
A joint effort by the International Centre for Reindeer Husbandry (ICR), the Arctic Initiative at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, the Association of World Reindeer Herders (WRH), Arctic Council Indigenous Peoples Secretariat and the UArctic EALÁT Institute, building on earlier cooperation and outcomes.
Follow our Youtube channel to see the lecture by professor Svein D. Mathiesen: